How to Apply
Steps for Completing the Application
- Complete Cornell’s Online Graduate School Application (and related fees). When asked about your “Academic Program Selection,” type in and select “Executive Master of Public Administration.” For questions pertaining to any technical issues or errors, contact the Graduate School office at 607-255-4884.
- Submit your résumé. The Cornell EMPA requires that applications demonstrate at least 8 years of professional experience. Applicants with fewer than 8 years may be considered if their experience is especially relevant and other qualifications are strong.
- Submit unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. If you are admitted into the program you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Cornell University Graduate School.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a statement of purpose. See detailed information below for completing your submission.
- Video interview: After we receive your complete application, we will contact you to schedule a 20–30-minute online interview over Zoom.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS scores, if from outside the US.
- GRE, GMAT, scores are not required
About the Statement of Purpose
- This is a one- or two-page statement that includes your:
- relevant academic and research accomplishments
- reasons for undertaking graduate work
- academic interests
- professional goals
EMPA Admissions Counselors
If you have questions, please feel free to contact our EMPA Admissions Counselors:
- Meg Johnson
Schedule a Call: calendly.com/mwalch
- Amanda Smith
Schedule a Call: calendly.com/amandaesmith