Who Should Apply
Public affairs practitioners with more than 8 years of experience who need to balance a rigorous graduate education with the demands of a full-time job
- Elected officials
- Congressional and state legislative staff
- Federal, state, and local government professionals
- Foreign government personnel
- Personnel of international organizations
- Military service members
- Note: The EMPA is eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon Benefits.
- NGO staff
Private sector professionals working in the public interest at the interface with government agencies
- Data science professionals looking to hone their management skills for careers that intersect with government
- Professionals working in highly-regulated industries (infrastructure, financial services, logistics and shipping, technology)
- Commercial and public sector management consultants
- Sustainability professionals
International applicants are encouraged to apply to the EMPA Program. However, please note that sponsorship is not available for the in-person intensives held in Ithaca. Those who do not have a visa that permits joining in the in-person intensive visits in Ithaca will be able instead to participate in the intensive sessions synchronously online to ensure degree progress. International students may still participate in in-person commencement activities if they already hold valid visa status in the United States or are able to obtain a visitor visa.
Individuals who would require immigration status and sponsorship to enter the US are not eligible for this hybrid degree. Please note that no Student Status Visas or Student immigration documentation can be issued at this time.
EMPA Admissions Counselors
- If you have questions, please contact our EMPA Admissions Counselors: