Areas of Study
Learn how to develop, implement, and evaluate policy solutions for the problems society faces. Public Policy is a multidisciplinary social science-based major. You’ll study law, economics, sociology, political science, history and more. You’ll be ready to make a difference in your community, the nation, and the world.
Health Care Policy
Learn about the science and politics of health care in your community and globally. Health Care Policy (HCP) draws on many disciplines to prepare you to analyze and improve policies that influence our quality of life. You can tailor your curriculum to explore a strong foundation in the natural or social sciences, ready to launch a career or attend a top graduate or medical school.
As a Brooks School student you have the flexibility to enhance your major by choosing one or more of Cornell’s 120 different minor options across campus.
Students across campus can explore the Brooks School curriculum through our three public policy minors: Policy Analysis and Management, Health Care Policy, and Demography.
Brooks School Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
- Interpret and explain the theory and use of tools applicable to the development and evaluation of policy
- Develop the skills required for effective delivery of evidence used for policy formation
and evaluation, including written, spoken, and visual presentation
- Work with others toward the goal of serving the public interest
- Foster an inclusive learning environment in which diverse approaches and points of view can help guide government actions
- Evaluate and scrutinize data to inform policy evaluation