Cornell Institute for Public Affairs
CIPA offers an interdisciplinary, Ivy League MPA degree to help start or accelerate your mission-driven career in public service.
The Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (CIPA) trains future leaders in the field of public affairs to address the world’s most complex public policy challenges with a two-year, residential Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree and an 18-month, online Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) degree program. With an interdisciplinary curriculum, our students have access to faculty members across Cornell University, which is among the largest and most diverse of the Ivy League universities.
Our graduates pursue successful careers across a wide range of spaces, including education, healthcare, criminal justice, sustainability, and economic policy.
MPA Degree Programs & Certificates
+ Residential MPA Program
- To improve lives and lead in a post-pandemic world? Develop expertise with our eight concentrations and flexible curriculum. Explore Getting An MPA.
+ Executive MPA Program
- Differentiate yourself as a leader across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Join Our New Executive MPA Program.
+ Online Certificates
- Gain today’s most in-demand skills with courses personally developed by our faculty experts. Stand Apart With An Online Certificate.
- CIPA offers rolling admissions for our residential MPA program. To receive consideration for funding, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- The Executive MPA (EMPA) program has regular admissions. We recommend that you sign up for an information session and view our upcoming application deadline.
Having Trouble Deciding Which Program Is For You?
- Compare some of the key features and qualities of our residential and executive degree programs. CIPA also offers online certificate programs in a variety of fields.