Sloan Recent Alumni Achievement Award
The Sloan Alumni Association Recent Alumni Achievement Award, established in 2018, is given to a Sloan alumnus or alumna who has graduated within the past fifteen years in recognition of a commitment to excellence in post-collegiate life and a significant or ongoing commitment to extraordinary work, research or volunteerism.
This award highlights the tremendous talents and contributions that young people make to their profession, to their community, and to the Sloan program. Recipients are those which richly inspire other young alumni and current students of the program. This award will be presented to deserving alumni who meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must have attained notable degree of prominence through professional endeavor, research, volunteerism, and/or involvement within the local or global community or the College.
- Special consideration will be given for those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises.
- Received recognition as an emerging leader through professional and/or community achievements.
- Attained increasingly responsible positions within their organization, business, or field of work.
- Received recognition for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honors, awards, and/or media attention.
- Served as an outstanding young role model for current and future SLOAN students.
- Connected to the program in terms of support for students through colloquia, advising, recruitment or giving
One recipient is selected annually. This award may be bestowed at the discretion of the SAA Awards Committee.
2021 Recipient: Liebe Meier Swain, Sloan ’08
Liebe Meier Swain is an experienced leader focused on developing innovative and evidence-based solutions to advance business objectives and customer expectations. She has significant experience leading in highly regulated environments, assessing community/customer needs, directing strategic and operational objectives, and creating effective systems to mitigate risk. Liebe has passion for building teams and programs to drive performance and transformation.
2020 Recipient: Arnaub Chatterjee, Sloan ’07 CIPA ’08
Arnaub, a 2007 graduate of Sloan, 2008 graduate of the Cornell Institute of Public Affairs, and now an expert in healthcare technology, is advancing the development, go-to-market, and delivery of capabilities that help his company’s life science clients accelerate their innovation. He is Senior Vice President of Product and Ecosystem at Acorn AI, a Medidata Solutions company where he is driving their efforts as a global provider of cloud-based and analytic solutions.
2019 Recipient: Shravan Subramanyam ’05
Dr. Shravan Subramanyam has over 15 years of corporate and healthcare experience, and at the time of receiving this award, the Managing Director, India and Neighboring Markets at Roche – the world’s largest biotech company, the global leader in cancer drugs, and a pioneer in personalized healthcare. A physician described to have a passion for diagnostics, he is a committed advocate in promoting ‘personalized healthcare’ and the use of technology in medicine. Read more about Shravan Subramanyam.