Student Organizations and Activities
Brooks MPA Students are a diverse group with interests that cut across the spectrum of public service. Membership in any of the following student-led organizations will give you opportunities to meet others who share your professional interests.
- Cornell Public Affairs Society (CPAS): The peer-led governing organization for the MPA Program, the Cornell Public Affairs Society is dedicated to enhancing the skills required of public policy practitioners. The group organizes both professional and social activities for students.
- Cornell International City-County Management Association (cICMA): The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is a global organization, founded in 1914, dedicated to promoting excellence in local government. The Cornell Chapter (cICMA), founded in 2011, sponsors guest speakers and provides entrees to internship possibilities.
- Cornell Latin America Student Society (CLASS): The goal of this multidisciplinary graduate student organization is to build awareness among Cornell University students about opportunities and challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean. It engages in events, partnerships and projects that drive innovative and sustainable solutions in the region.
- Women in Public Policy (WIPP): The mission of this graduate student organization is to further the understanding of the role of women in public affairs and policy in the U.S. and abroad.
- Co-Curricular Activities: The Cornell Policy Review (online public policy journal) is a co-curricular student-led, professional activity that are open to Brooks MPA Students.